Monday, August 28, 2017

"SPOOK-TACULAR HALLOWEEN RUNNER"

Hey quilters....hope everyone is doing well especially if you're like me in Texas. We've been blessed in our area but my heart goes out to all the families struggling during this horrible time. I recently received an email about a holiday runner that wasn't using One-Z's. As you can see in an earlier posts their is a simple design that I posted but was asked for a more advanced design. I've had this design on the back burner so to speak due to originally saving it for my pattern E-Book. But decided to share it after all. Sometimes when you are Blessed you realize that paying it forward is the way to go! This design is using the same circle technique as the Halloween One-Z squares. So when you get to that part of the application you will see my note to refer back to the instructions already posted on the One-Z quilt. Just like previously mentioned...Heat n bond lite will be your best friend. I love to design....actually a Residential & Commercial designer but when it comes to quilting, I love to incorporate easy techniques and design in EQ7. You have plenty of time to finish this design for Halloween or change up the Batiks and make a Christmas runner. All fabrics used are beautiful Batiks by Hoffman and thread is 50 weight by Aurifil. This design can be easily enlarged by adding more squares or you can make the individual squares larger (current design is a 3" sq.). Just remember to allow more yardage and also incorporate the "circle" to scale for the square. Well, I hope you enjoy this fast & easy technique....fell free to post your finished projects on my Facebook page. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from my Home to Yours,
Cat
Facebook....I heard it through the quilt-vine
email....cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com
                                                                   est @ 12x50

                                                                 Finished square 3x3
Fabric needed:
*orange Batik....1 yard
*Black...1 1/2- 2 yards ( I always get extra to allow for any cutting miss-haps)
Heat n Bond Lite (1 yard) use your coupon :-)
Aurifil thread....orange 2235 50 weight
                          black 2692

*Rotary cut black fabric into 3 1/2 " strips...then cut strips into 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 " squares to make a total of 80 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 " squares (seam allowance is added)

*sew squares together (per diagram) finger pressing seams out as you go. I sew using the Auril Black 50 weight. When completed, iron if needed.
Note....I sew one row together at a time then join rows as I go.
* Rotary cut orange fabric into 2 1/4 " strips ( extra width for circles)
 Follow instructions on Halloween One-Z quilt for circle instructions & Fusing
 Cut 20, 2 " circle into quarters forming 80 pieces
*Per design layout fuse circles directly onto each square closely to your seam line. Your seam line serves as your guide throughout this process which allows easy piecing/fusing. Start at top row and fuse the way down. After all quarters are fused per design measure your top/bottom and sides to rotary cut your borders....square up if needed.
*Sew top/bottom borders then left/right borders....iron along the way if needed.
*Applique each orange quarter circle with Aurifil thread #2235
Outline Quilt or quilt in the ditch for an easy technique.
Bind as desired.
Remember....come back to my blog for the same technique to piece design for a Christmas runner...just change out the fabric choices per instructions.
Enjoy & post finished projects to my facebook page.
Blessed Quilting,
Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment