Saturday, August 26, 2017

"SPOOK-TACULAR HALLOWEEN ONE-Z QUILT PART 1"

Hey quilters...we are starting phase one.if you are following along with the Halloween one-z quilt. I've been having a blast with this one and I will try and keep the directions as simple as my mind will allow. I design in EQ7 which allows me to do a pretty good accuracy for directions. My directions are for the layout with the bright batiks pictured. I will be showing the squares using my actual fabrics along the way. I kept the design basic on the computer so you can use your imagination to create your design using the fabrics of your choice. Just substitute your fabric & yardage in place of mine. I will mention that I shopped a lot of fabric/quilt stores to come up with some fun & unique Halloween fabrics and then incorporated the bright batiks as background and accent fabrics. Also, I purchased as much fabric on sale by shopping with coupons and catching quilt shops placing the fabrics on sale. You will need to purchase 2-sided Heat n Bond lite. This will be your best friend throughout the whole project. It can be purchased at your local fabric store and don't forget your coupon. Anyway, this will be the first part to accomplish so have fun and enjoy!

Blessing from my Home to Yours,
Cat
Facebook....I heard it through the quilt-vine
email...cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
                                                                Finished size 10 x12

Supplies needed for "Bat square"
Heat n Bond Lite 2 yards plus (I keep extra on hand)
Fabric (Based on a 40" width 100% cotton & keep scraps for border piecing)
Purple...1 1/2 yards
Orange...1 1/2 yards
Black...1 yard

*Rotary cut your purple and orange fabric into 5 1/2 " strips....then cut those strips 5 1/2 x 6 1/2       which allows for your 1/4" seam allowance.
*Following diagram....sew 2 purple squares together then one purple & orange square together....press all seams out....join the two pieces together per diagram...pressing seams out.
Note...at this time you square should finish out 10 1/2 x 12 1/2 again allowing your 1/4 seams.
*Cut Black fabric into 5 1/2 inch strips (roughly 2)
Fuse your Heat n Bond lite to the wrong side of your black fabric.
Using a 5" circle trace on paper side of fusible web.
Cut each circle then cut each circle into quarters (total of 6)
Fuse on each square as per diagram following manufacturers direction on Heat n Bond lite forming the "Bat square"
*Applique each bat circle with Black thread ( I use Aurifil 50 weight #2692)
Repeat directions to complete a total of 8 squares
Have fun & will be posting next phase soon....
Blessed Quilting,
Cat







No comments:

Post a Comment