Saturday, June 25, 2016

"A HOLE IN ONE"... PAIR OF JEANS & AURIFIL THREAD

Hey Quilters...if you do alterations like me but cringe when someone asks you to patch their favorite jeans, then you will appreciate this fast tip. I cannot stand to struggle while sewing jeans...even with an open arm, it's still frustrating especially with a long legged pair of jeans. Well, here's a tip...
open up the outer seam of leg of jeans (trust me this few extra minutes will be worth it) and now your area of jeans that needs to be patched is so much easier to maneuver while sewing. Patch as desired and sew the leg seam back up!  I like to use Aurifil 50 weight for strength and depending on the color of your jeans they have so many color ways to choose from. Also, if you are a seamstress or quilter this is a great time to use those not so sharp needles that you hate to throw away. I keep some stuck in an old piece of jeans so I know they are used strictly for patching. Also, make your own patches by using old jean fabric and double sided fusible web. A stylish hint....patch on the inside so your jeans still keep their stylish integrity on the outside (who would have thought that the more tattered your jeans were the more stylish you are) But as I say...everything has their time and purpose :-) Anyway, hope this helps!
Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours!,
Cat
any q's...email me at cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment