Wednesday, June 19, 2013

REJECTION! " A 12-STEP RECOVERY PROGRAM"

Good morning....I have to say this is my favorite time of year. The birds are singing, flowers are blooming and it's gardening time. With the summer fun comes "Fair Time"...yes entering your most valuable possessions...."Your Quilts". If you're like me, you've worked hard at designing it, picking out just the right fabric and maybe even changing it around a time tor two. Maybe I am speaking for myself but when I go and see a "participant ribbon" hanging on my most "precious quilt" and not my "blue ribbon"...well let's just say it's going to be a long evening :-) When I was a 4-H leader I taught the kids it's not what ribbon you get it's how you enjoyed your project and what you've learned while doing so, it's making memories as I love to say. But, I have to say as an adult that has changed :-) So when I received this email with this wonderful tip I could not wait to share it! As you read the tips you may already be doing some of them...."I know I do" :-)
Anyway, lots of tips came in so I'm in the process of getting them together but had to get this one out!
As always, thanks for sending in tips!

"Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours"
email tips: cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
www.perfectgift-fromabove.com

Step 1...BURN THE REJECTION NOTICE..."safely of course"....rip it into tiny pieces!

Step 2...HAVE A DAY OF MOURNING...remember all the fun you had making your "prize       
possession"

Step 3...HAVE A GOOD CRY...use some of your scraps to wipe the tears!

Step 4...GET A TATTOO...one might say..."I love my quilts"....but remember what tattoos look like   as we age....so make it LARGE :-)

Step 5...DOCUMENT YOUR ENTRY FEES AS CHARITABLE DONATIONS ON TAXES...hmmm

Step 6...WRITE A TUNE OF LAMENT...in my case I've already made everyone around me mad cause I'm in a bad mood...they surely don't need me singing...but try it anyway :-)

Step 7...EAT CHOCOLATE....no explanation there!!!!

Step 8...COMPLAIN TO YOUR FRIENDS...make audacious claims of incompetence in the quilt-judging system...none of us ever do that :-)

Step 9....CONSIDER A NEW OCCUPATION...hmmm....NO!

Step 10...BUY THE QUILT SHOW...if you own the quilt show you can have your quilts on display all the time....I would always hand out "BLUE PARTICIPANT RIBBONS" :-)

Step 11...HANG THE REJECTED QUILT IN A PROMINENT SPOT...kiss is every morning, pat it on the binding, and tell it how beautiful it is! Love this one!

Step 12....MAKE A NEW QUILT :-)
After all....if we've done all these steps we should feel "refreshed" to start our next design! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment