Thursday, June 25, 2015

"Scrappin' it...Denim Style"

Hey quilter's...hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. I've been busy working on the Stain Glass Window project for our town's Museum. Each and every window is appliqued and quilted. Yes, I know...what was I thinking. But have to say I was blessed to have all the bright Batiks donated by Hoffman fabrics and all the thread was donated by Aurifil. If you haven't checked out their amazing color hues please do so. Excellent quality and many design hues & weights to choose from.
 Anyway, I think we all have a "stress relief" project... and this is mine. Working on a sweet gift and have to say it's been fun cleaning out my stash. I had "yards" of lace that I had stashed and plenty of denim to choose from. I wanted to incorporate a "cross design" and give it a little trendy feel as well. The only fabric that I have purchased is the Chevron pattern which I absolutely love. The chevron ties in the two shades of denim that I'm using plus saves me time piecing the chevrons. A plus when you are working within a time frame for a gift. Plus this quilt will have a very rustic appearance due to the seams will all be frayed. Another time saving tip! I am using very sharp applique scissors to trim around the lace and each cross is appliqued and pieced to form a cross. I will post more pics along the way. Like I mentioned...this is my fun...stress relief project from doing the Stain Glass Window Project for our sweet old Museum. Hope you enjoy and have a great quilt week!

"Blessed Quilting from Our Home to Yours",
Cat
like us on Facebook...ihearditthroughthequilt-vine



No comments:

Post a Comment