Monday, January 11, 2016

"LoVe my Fat Quarters"

Well....happy 2016 everyone! First I have to say...a dear Pastor of ours once said "what happened yesterday can't happen today 'cause now you are aware of it". Hmm...do I have to say...2015 was a pure example of that saying. I haven't blogged sense June of 2015 due to some tragedies that hit our family starting in July. But now looking back we are blessed 'cause we got through them with the grace of God & we are still here, fighting everyday but still here! Sometimes you need to focus on the everyday stuff verses what you enjoy. Let me tell ya 2015 was that year. Lately I've come to realize it's not what or whom you want to be but lovin' who you are. I know a little cliche' but it's true. With all the stress in 2015, I started stress eating again. Not very happy with myself due to I had lost 20 pounds earlier in the year. I had gained 50 lbs. in the past several years due to my ankle accident in 2007 and lack of mobility. Needless to say..."I'm a little mad that 10 of those lost pounds found me again". Weird how that happens...must have left a trail of bread crumbs behind!
     Anyway, it's a new year and for those of you who know me...it's back to basics again! I have a quilt to finish! Previously, I had blogged about how I am making a quilt out of the jeans that I cut up when loosing weight. I have to say...it really works. Oh my gosh how I have been frustrated putting the pounds back on. I've cut up my jeans and seriously uncomfortable in my current ones. If that doesn't make you stick to the plan, nothing will. I have been determined to stay focused. Mostly due to who has money to waist buying jeans." Miss Me" jeans have a new meaning with me...I won't "Miss You". But in the meantime, I have to say...be happy with who you are 'cause nobody does it better and most of all "Love your Fat Quarters":-) Anyway....part two will be coming up next week of how the "jean quilt" is progressing using "Aurifil thread".

"Quilt Blessings from Our Home to Yours",
Cat
cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
Facebook...I heard it through the Quilt-vine

No comments:

Post a Comment