Monday, January 5, 2015

Need more "Fiber" in your diet?...2015 is the Year!

Hey quilter's...recently I went to the doctor and he actually told me I needed more fiber in my diet. I know you are laughing, it's an old joke among quilter's, but he really did state those exact words. I have to share, I laughed so hard and I do believe he thought I was nuts. I proceeded to tell him that I quilt and my room is full of "colorful fibers" from Aurifl threads. He rolled his eyes and said, "stay away from my wife, she's a quilter. I laughed, no problem...I have her email address! Well, this joke inspired this post due to wanting to showcase some of the bright Batiks by Hoffman California fabrics that will be appliqued and quilted with Aurifil thread. This was the inspiration for my 2015 Museum project for our sweet town of Frankston. I will be designing/quilting "Stain Glass Windows' out of these wonderful color ways. The museum is getting a "face lift" and I was asked to do the window treatments. Well, I had to put a spin on it of course! The wonderful bright colors of the fabrics and Aurifil threads is such an inspiration for any designs! Wish me luck and I will post pics along the way. I hope everyone does a little "quilt it forward in 2015" with some sort of project for your community. Have a wonderful 2015!


"Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours"
www.perfectgift-fromabove.com
www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment