Monday, January 26, 2015

"CAT'S LINT ROLLER & AURIFIL THREAD 4 THE BIRDS"

Hey quilters...I hope everyone is having a "little bit of sunshine" during this cold season. I recently discovered a neat trick due to watching my cat Lottie sunning in front of the window. I can't help but laugh when she get's excited seeing the sun peeking in on a quilt. She will gravitate immediately to the bed, stretch out and start "sunning",One smart cat! Well, due to our lovely cat, we also have a "Lint Roller" in just about every room. It might be a little ocd, but being clean freeks it does come in handy. Here's the funny...due to my long hair, it tends to shed. Yes, I'm admitting the fact that I shed. Funny as it sounds, the lint brush works wonders on my hair as well. If you have "accent rugs" in your bathroom & "shed hair", like I do and hate to drag out the vacuum everyday, then this tip is for you. I now swipe the lint brush over the rugs to pick up my loose hair after styling. I have to say it works wonders and only takes a few seconds of your time verses dragging out the vacuum. Also, they are so cheap at the dollar store so you can keep one under the cabinet for easy access. I know some people use the "swiffer" in between vacuuming but that hardly pics up hair off rugs. Works great on floors though. O.K...by now you are wondering the funny...my nickname as some of you know is Cat...so it's funny now we leave them in all rooms for the Cat's shedding :-)
Anyway, we all know that Lint rollers are wonderful to keep in your sewing/quilting room. But I have to say recently I had the hardest time throwing away my cut threads of Aurifil thread. I now roll up the extra threads that are cut and stick them in the trees for the birds. It might seem a bit extreme but they love threads to incorporate into their nests. I love watching the birds outside my quilting room feed and when they grab that loop of thread and fly away with it, I feel I've done something special. What's funny is when they fly back to that same spot and look into "your window" wondering where the next thread loop is. I have to say..."the birds know Great Quality Thread". I do take the time to loop the thread together so the birds don't choke on it while flying. Maybe one day I can video them 'cause it's pretty stinkin' cute!

"Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours",
 Cat

www.perfectgift-fromabove.com
www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment