Saturday, July 5, 2014

"QUILTING IT FORWARD w/ KIDS"

Hey quilters...just had this sweet email & have to share right away! She took my "Quilting it Forward" to a whole new level ;-) Well...her daughter is just now getting into quilting with her so they came up with a great summer project. They are going to take my magazine exchange tip & visit area nursing homes this summer. Oh my gosh, how sweet is that quilters. Not only are kids going to brighten the lives of people in nursing homes but they might even get to hear some stories as well. I'm from a long line of seamstresses & my Aunt taught crocheting & needlework. What I would do to this day to have not gone with my Uncle to catch worms for his bait shop & paid more attention to my Aunt teaching...O.K...that's not true...the truth is my Uncle came & got me 'cause I would cry and I rather would have been catching worms with him...I could not do needlework if my life depended on it...Oh my goodness my Aunt would get so mad 'cause she taught all the local 4-H kids etc. I know that's why I love Quilting 'cause I'm piecing & going right along & not trying to manipulate large needles amongst yarn. Kudos to all you knitters/tatters :-) Anyway, to teach a child to quilt is such a wonderful idea...passing on a great tradition & spending that quality time with them is priceless. I taught my daughter & she did quite well with her 4-H projects. So this summer maybe grab a few neighborhood kids & check out your local nursing home...surprise them with a few quilting magazines & a hug or two...they may not be sewing or quilting anymore but as I always say...they were the first one's to start this wonderful tradition & if you take a moment to listen to their stories of how it first begun, I think you would appreciate of how far quilting has evolved! Thanks so much for sending in this tip/idea...keep them coming!
"Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours"
email tips...cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment