Wednesday, July 10, 2013

'BRIGHTEN SOMEONE'S DAY by RECYCLING OLD MAGAZINES"

Hey....received this tip and have to say I personally experienced this first hand. She recommended taking your magazines once viewed (new or old) to your local hospitals, churches etc. Many hospitals have chemo centers and patients would love to view a magazine to help keep their minds off of what they are experiencing during treatments. Also, you can contact your local hospice centers to donate them to local families. Local Churches also have members that are recuperating at home and would greatly appreciate magazines to read during their down time. I know personally, during all 4 ankle surgeries that I had within the last four years, I would have gone nuts without Moms quilt books. I had healing difficulties after my surgeries and had leg elevated for several months. I went through over 150 of her quilt books and magazines. Sometimes it's the "little things" that can brighten someone's day. So recycle those magazines!
Thanks so much for sharing this great tip. Keep them coming!

"Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours"
email tips: cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
www.perfectgift-fromabove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment