Monday, May 20, 2013

"WHY WE QUILT"

Good morning....recently had a magazine exchange through our church quilt club and came across this "old quilt magazine" and loved this story.  I know a lot of us all have the same reasons for quilting...gifts for our special loved ones....quilts from scraps to pass down for generations,.entering quilt shows,.charity quilts and maybe even one for ourselves (when we have time)....but here it is ladies....the best reason I think anyway and I didn't even realize it myself...."POWER"!!!!!!!
Have you noticed how the majority of entities in our lives offer us little input or even a chance to make suggestions? We get told what to do...when to do it and how. But when making a Quilt rules change. From choosing the pattern or design until the last stitch is in place, my quilt is mine. I made the choices. The design, quality of work in its actual construction is mine. From choosing the fabric to the time evolved in it's actual finish is under my control. "Power at your fingertips" :-)

I love this lady!!! Now I know why when I get frustrated... I grab a cup of coffee....head to my quilt room and shut the door!!!! :-)
Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours!
email tips: cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
www.perfectgift-fromabove.com

NOTE:  If you have a story or an article that you would like to share email them to me as well. We all can use a laugh while quilting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment