Wednesday, January 9, 2013

HAPPY QUILT-YEAR!

Hey...hope everyone is ready for an exciting "New Quilt-Year". I've recieved several "tips" on cutting half-square triangles. I do apologize for just now posting them but our internet has been extremely slow due to the weather. I will combine the tips and add a few of my own. Recently read on article on "Cures for Tri-Anxiety...calming your HST jitters" :-) Hope these tips make your projects go a little easier! Thanks for sharing!

*These tips are wonderful to use up some of your "stash" fabrics and works best with contrasting fabrics...
Cut 7/8" larger than your finished square triangle-square from each fabric.
Place right sides together and mark on the light side of the fabric a diaganol line from corner to corner...sew a 1/4 inch seam on each side and cut down the middle of stitching rows forming two half square triangles.
NOTE: I purchased a quarter inch seam marker by (F&P) which makes this method a breeze...inexpensive tool and usually you can catch it on sale!

* Press to the darker side of the fabric after piecing
* Cutting a square on the diagonal  can cause stretching due to cutting on the bias
* I like to finger press as I'm quilting...saves time!
* Always have chocolate in your sewing room...I agree!!!

Take the time to invest in rulers...you've worked hard on picking out the right fabric for your quilt so I know you want it to be as accurate as possible. Hope these tips help.
"Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours"
email tips: cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
www.perfectgift-fromabove.com



No comments:

Post a Comment