Friday, December 31, 2021

Cats New Year's Eve Quilting Inspiration

 Hey quilter's.... It's New Year's Eve....don't know if I should laugh or cry. This year has flown by for me but I'm cherishing the memories, good and bad. For me life is a daily lesson...It's how you deal with challenges creates your inner strength. I'm excited about the New Year approaching...New challenges ahead I'm sure but new days to create special memories. I recently was shown a quilt of a dear friend of mines mother. She had made this quilt with her aunt when she was young. The quilt was old, and they had repaired it along the way but still being used on her bed to this day. Honestly, that gave me the chills.... that's why I quilt. Quilter's do connect the past with the future. A quilt doesn't need to be fancy...it's all about cherishing the memories that you create together while making one. My wish for us all this coming year is to pass on the quilting tradition to others. Let your legacy be cherished by someone in your family by "gifting" a quilt or handmade item from you. I for one hope my grandson Davin will do the same with the quilts that I've made for him. I'm sure he will...I tend to remind him "constantly" to cherish everything that I've made for him :-) Have a safe & Blessed New Year's Eve!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment