Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Cats New Year Countdown Quilting Inspiration (4)

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great week. I had a great Christmas with the family & already thinking about the New Year upon us. Lots of memories this year, some good & some that I could have done without but as they say, "that's life." I've learned as I've gotten a bit older is to really cherish the good time because you never know what tomorrow holds. I've lost some family members and friends this year and it really makes you think of how short life can be & what kind of legacy I'd like to leave behind. Not to get sentimental but I'm going too.... I asked my 11 yr. old grandson Davin "when Gege goes to heaven what are you going to remember me mostly of?" Well, his priceless answer was.... making quilts for me. Oh my gosh...yes, I had tears. Honestly, I was hoping he'd say that or my cooking. Well then yesterday he asked if we'd make our cinnamon-sugar-toast we do together every Christmas using cookie cutters. Yes, again the tears started to flow. Sometimes it is the "little things" they remember the most. You can never replace a handmade gift.... a pillow.... a quilt or whatever you make cause those memories will always be cherished. I hope one day he finds a great woman to continue his journey in life with that has some sewing or quilting knowledge or at least all the things I've made him last to carry on the tradition. I've learned in life to make my New Year's Resolution's not so difficult, so I don't get stressed. My plan is to pass on the quilting tradition to other's so they can pass on the "Joy "of what a quilt brings to others. It will all start this coming January with fun & easy quilting projects! 

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment