Thursday, December 2, 2021

Cats Christmas Countdown..."Santas Favorite Quilter"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are doing well. I had to share this sweet story with y'all. As I was viewing some "quilting humor" for us all, I saw this one and almost cried. A few years ago I had made a Christmas quilt for my grandson...he was about 4ish and he asked me if the elf's helped me 'cause he didn't think Santa Claus quilted. Well you could only imagine my face. Let me back up to the beginning of the story of what I told my grandson and probably shouldn't have. I might have mentioned to him that I was needing a few extra "hands" to help finish his quilt on time. Oh and it was also over the phone. Who would have thought he would have remembered the conversation at such a young age to actually question me when I delivered it in person. Hmmm....never under estimate the knowledge of a "grandson." So....as I was looking at him and he was looking at me wating for my reply....I calmly said yes...and didn't they do a great job. His reply was "cool." 

Every year when I'm spending Christmas with them and I see that Christmas quilt it brings back that sweet moment of when "Gege" realized...."be very careful of what you say." I'm sure we all have those sweet terrifying moments with our loved one's but I wanted to share this story in case y'all needed a little "stress relief." I don't want to remind him of that moment 'cause I'm afraid he might ask more questions now that he's older :-) I'll just wait until he goes off to college or something. Ha! If he's anything like his "Gege" he believes Santa will alway's be forever in our hearts. After all it is the "most magical time of the year!"

Remember no-stress quilting...You got this :-) You have plenty of time...it's only Dec. 2nd :-)

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment