Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Cats New Year Countdown Quilting Inspiration (3)

 Hey quilter's.... we're getting closer to the New year. Oh, my goodness...if you're like me this year really flew by. I did learn a valuable "quilting lesson" this year & that was not to be so hard on myself. I always try for perfection & that does tend to cause me a lot of stress. Sometimes I take more time on projects due to that and then get a bit upset at myself for not finishing others. In the "quilting world" it's called UFO's...I'm sure you've heard of all the jokes. So, this coming year I'm really teaching myself and others to "quilt w/less stress" or what I like to call it "less-stress quilting." If you've noticed my patterns lately, I've been stating that term quite a bit. My new designs for '22 will showcase patterns that will look difficult but won't be unless you decide to do the advanced stage. Totally up to you! I do believe in quality when it comes to quilting & that is why I strongly advise you trying AURifil thread if you haven't already. Excellent quality & I've never had a thread breakage even with all my applique designs. I am obsessed with the 50# with my projects but if you google their website, you have so many weights and color hues to choose from for all your sewing and quilting projects. So, this year.... let's do something together...we'll try to remember that a finished project is much better than perfect. Remember I'll probably need a "friendly reminder" throughout the year as well :-)

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment