Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Project Progress..."Scrappy-Heirloom-Hexagon Table Decor'"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all had a great Easter weekend. It was a quiet one here but relaxing and that was definitely needed. Being away from the family is hard but especially during a Holiday. Still trying to get back home to Texas but the market is still a bit crazy. If I could turn back time as they say but then we wouldn't have had the last few years with his mom. So, pray market calms down so I can get closer to my family again. Lord this has been the craziest 3 yrs. of my life. On that note we all know I preach "thread and fabric therapy." I think having something to focus on even if it's for a few minutes is super important. Truth be told, I went through a faze when I first found out about my bones deuterating of feeling sorry for myself then I remembered my dad's words..."don't get upset over things you can't change." Words of wisdom that keeps me going daily! My sewing and quilting have always been my passion...hobby but in all reality...my life saver. But this year I wanted to challenge myself. So, I'm doing the "Summer Strolls Block of the Month" w/ Missouri Star Quilt Co. & my newfound love of embroidery again. Yes, I say again because I haven't embroidered in quite a long time. I was taught as a child from my grandmother...mostly to keep me sitting still for a while :-) the I did small projects as an adult. I always monogramed my dad's "hankies" for his Christmas gift. Fun memories. The kit "Ingrid's Wildflowers Heirloom Embroidery Kit" by Missouri Star Quilt Co. has been wonderful for me. It has taught me to take time to relax...think about things that are truly important. Besides the kit being so wonderful with so many possibilities the history behind the designs are so sweet. You will feel "Ingrids" love with every stitch you take. I have a hard time sitting for long periods...we all know my "timer" in previous post but here's a funny if you're situation is like mine. I cut a strand about 16" long and because I take my time at embroidery that equals about 10 minutes of stitching then my thread runs out. I know to get up walk around a while before starting my next strand. Sounds crazy but let me tell ya it works. I always say don't give up on what you love just figure out what works best for you. So, on that note the pic below shows the progress I'm making on the "fun-ctional table decor." I've made 3 for my runner but if you want yours large just embroider a few more "blocks." You'll see this coming week why they are "individual blocks." Hint...hint :-) Well MSQC has graciously extended their discount of 20% off $50. or more (no limit of use) for the month of April. The "Ingrids Wildflowers" embroidery kit can be pre-ordered on MSQC website, and I have to say it would make a great gift for any occasion or just because "I love you." Phase 2 is coming soon of my "fun-ctional table decor." I thank y'all so much for following and check back soon for more exciting events. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)

Not perfect but sew much fun!...





No comments:

Post a Comment