Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Suppers on the Porch..."Fun-ctional Table Decor.. Stackable & fun!

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are doing well. I wanted to first say "Thank you" for following me on this "fun-ctional scrap-a-long." I love to create a design that is not intimidating...learning techniques in a fun fashion. Sometimes even I look at quilt patterns and think...'not in this lifetime" or I joke and say, "that's on my bucket list." But I do remember when I first started out that I was taught fun & easy techniques and it always stuck with me. I didn't get discouraged, and I've kept quilting my whole life. That is what I hope to inspire within y'all. I want you to enjoy quilting...challenging yourself along the way like I recently did with the "functional centerpiece." Honestly, I stated that pattern/technique was the first for me & I also stated "respect" to those who do that technique. It was fun...I love the way it turned out...it's not perfect but I always say..."there's no quilting police in my sewing room!" Ha...if there was, I would have been shut down :-) I love quilting...creating new techniques and designs to share but it's also "therapeutic" for me. I preach "thread n fabric therapy"...even if it's for a few minutes...do what you love in moderation. Don't give up...then your pain got the best of you...work it so you can still do what you love. Well enough of my preaching and on to how "fun-ctional" this design is! No matter your table size...you can place the individual Octagon squares to accommodate your entertaining needs. Sometimes you are limited with a traditional table runner. My pics below will give you an "idea"...not the best photographer...of how you can place the squares as needed. You can stack in a row for a traditional table runner or place as needed for a square table too. Also...hello...they are "stack-a-ble." That's right...you can stack them all within each other for storage. A great space saving technique :-) I also wanted to share my cooking and decor blog (link upper right on home page) will be hosting fun recipes for your "Suppers on the Porch." Thís month flew by for me, but you can still jump on my link to Missouri Star Quilt Co to save 20% off $50. or more for the month of April. I thank y'all so much for following & check back soon for another month of fun-ctional projects! Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC 

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest. (links upper right on home page)

Suppers on the Porch...

Octagon sq's...10 1/2"....Fun-ctional centerpiece 10"...tweet triver 7 1/4"...all very "fun-ctional" to accommodate your entertaining needs :-) 








 




No comments:

Post a Comment