Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Lit-up 4 Santa!...Phase 2

 Hey quilter's...hope your day if off to a great start. I know that I'm hoping for a warm day with no surprises. But who knows in Florida. I've learned to take one "minute" at a time these days. I hope y'all are having fun starting this super sweet Christmas quilt. I've stated in previous posts that it will be a baby quilt and as of now roughly 40 x 40. You can see with design that you can easily enlarge the design to your needs. This is a baby gift  so I'm keeping the size pretty basic, but I love how she can use it as she gets older. That sounds so weird cause she's just a few months old. Time does fly y'all. Anyway, this phase consists of appliqueing your small Christmas lights and snowflakes using the templates by Missouri Star Quilt Co. I'm sure you can make your own designs, but these templates are so much fun to use and a great price as well. Just like with the large Christmas bulbs you'll be doing the same applique technique and accent quilting with coordinating thread. Due to it being a "quilt-a-long" and not fully quilting to the back I did accent snowflakes within the ornaments with Aurifil thread. The same concept as the large Christmas bulbs. Not only are they super cute but it's also a easy way for securing the ornaments as well. This is a fun & easy project so have fun putting your own spin on it! Remember save your scraps because we're going to have a fun year with Quilt-Mas Cheer in 2024 :-) Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)

Note: I made 5 Small Snowflakes & 14 small Christmas lights per my design. But have fun & let your creativity shine! 




No comments:

Post a Comment