Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Elf Sleeping Bags by Jazz!

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are enjoying this Holiday season. It's been a bit hectic here, but I guess that's part of the fun...haha....I woke up to my "Christmas 2do List" with 2 items scratched off. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had a special request for 2 sleeping bags to be sent to Texas. The weather has been a bit crazy so 2 special elves wanted warmth. Oh my gosh and what better way than to be wrapped up in a cozy sleeping bag from Northcott Fabrics. I love how "Jazz" used my scraps. I've been trying to figure out her "Elf Scratch" to share this pattern with y'all. I do love how she loves to take "elfies" of herself. :-) I was thinking these would be great if you have a loved one that plays with "Barbies." I would have loved one playing with my barbies as a child. Well...wish me luck to try and figure this one out. I think I'll leave my "Christmas 2do List" out...who knows what else she might make for me. I sure do wish she could stay all year. I know 'Chuck" is loving her help as well. Thank y'all for following. Remember to save those scraps for a fun "Quilt-Mas cheer all year in 20241" :-)

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest


* It looks like Jazz rotary cut 2" squares from scraps and made rows alternating the red/green squares.

3 rows across and 6 rows down....clever!

* I can see they have a 1/2 border around so I'm assuming you would rotary cut 1 strips to allow for a 1/4" seam when sewing...right?

* Then it looks like she sewed the borders to the top/bottom then left and right side...hmm...similar to how we all do a quick and easy border...she's smart! I'm not seeing exact sizes so just rotary cut yours to the sizes needed and don't forget to square up.

* Hmm...this is where I believe she did some accent quilting with my Missouri Quilt Co 50# thread. Smart! It feels like she used "low loft" batting...smart!

* Then she must have used coordinating fabric for the lining. I love it!

* I'm assuming she did the old right sides 2gehter and sewed a 1/4" seam around while leaving a opening for turning right side out. 

* Then she must have rotary cut 2 more coordinating pieces for the back side of quilt to the size of her top piece. Most likely sewed them the same way but it doesn't look like she quilted the back. She must have been in a hurry to get this project finished for me! :-)

Note...I will admit the second one looks easier...she most likely was on a time crunch. All I can see is rotary cut 4 pieces of fabrics all to 5 1/2 x 10. I'm assuming the batting as well. It does appear she did sew them all the same way. 

She must have placed the two finished pieces 2gther then top stitched them to secure. It also looks like she left as opening on the side for them to get in/out easier. She's a clever Elf!!

I will say from my own experience that when you are laying your cut pieces 2gether is to lay your batting first then backing facing up (you) then front piece facing down..."right sides 2gether" This makes the batting be in the middle once you've turned them right side out. 

Well, I hope this helps. These are the sweetest Elf sleeping bags and a great "Scrap-Buster." :-)

Talk soon,

Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment