Monday, December 11, 2023

Lit-up 4 Santa!...Fast n Furious Christmas Quilt!

 Hey quilter's...happy Monday to y'all. I'm sharing a fast n furious "Christmas Scrap-a-long" with y'all. I was recently inspired when I received the Christmas Nesting Templates by Missouri Star Quilt Co. I love these templates and the quality is great. I had also ordered fabrics for another project but when I started looking at the fabrics and seeing the "snowflakes" my design brain went another direction. I love it when fabric inspires your creativity, don't you? I will be making a 40 x 40 baby quilt but you can easily enlarge if needed and have the time. I still can't believe how fast this year went by...and yes the reason why it's called "fast n furious." My time is limited at the machine due to my back and that is why I mostly design small projects now. I decided with this one that I could sew as you go....quilt as you go...curse as you go ...sorry Santa but when you fuse heat n bond lite to your iron it's a bit messy and ...I know no excuses :-) Anyway....I practiced making "snowflakes" with the Charm Pack Challenge and i loved how it gave a spin on the old traditional of "tacking a quilt." Seriously y'all if you are running out of time...like me...tacking with these fun snowflakes is a great time saver. I'm stating a quilt as you go due to I will not be traditionally quilting through the backing of the quilt. I will be accent quilting and raw edge a-play-que on the decorative light bulbs and snowflakes. The "strings" holding all the bulbs together will also be added at the end. Again less-stress-quilting :-) So grab your Christmas fabric & join me on this fun Christmas project. Remember this is the first of many of my 12 months of Quiltmas Cheer all year in 2024! Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on blog)

Here's all you need...

* Nesting Templates of Christmas Light & Snowflake by Missouri Star Quilt Co.

* White Tossed Star fabric by Missouri Star Quilt Co. ( 1 yrd)

* White Snowflakes (Hue) by Timeless Treasurers

* Moda Ombre Fluries Metalic Snowflakes  ( 1/2 yrd, ea) of

Turquoise..Teal...Platinum

* Scraps from Patric lose "Glam" for Northcott Fabrics

* Scraps from Banyan Batiks "Keatan"

* Backing fabric ( I used a soft Christmas throw that I purchased)

* Low loft Batting

* Heat n bond Lite

8 Coordinating thread...I used MSQC white 50# when piecing and Aurifil 50# thread for applique & quilting. ( # 2615, 2800, 

* Pieced and quilted on my Babylock Jazz 11 and my Janome!

Note...Pics below for inspiration....the Quilt-mas fun begins tomorrow!







No comments:

Post a Comment