Wednesday, December 6, 2023

"Chuck & Jazz...BFF's 4ever!"

 Hey quilter's...hope your day is off to a great start. I had to share my sweet morning, Suprise. The weather "dipped" into the mid 50's last night in Florida & I will admit it was a bit of a shocker. But when I saw these 2 I had to take a quick pic. I did startle them a bit but needless to say they are still snuggled in these adorable sleeping bags. Jazz came with a note that she "Sews and quilts" but seriously she is amazing. She made these sleeping bags from my stash of Christmas Magic collection by Patrick Lose for Northcott Fabrics & Santa Paws by Doborah Edwards for Northcott Fabrics. What is so stinkin adorable is she left an opening for "Chucks tail." Oh, my word...Jazz is the best! Well as usual I could find no instructions to share so I'm going to have to wing this one too. I know she pieced and quilted with my Missouri Quilt co. 50# thread because she left a bit of a thread mess behind. I can see she did a basic grid pattern when quilting hers which is clever on a time crunch. Plus, it looks like this is her "signature design" on her previous sleeping bags. Again, clever because it's fast but super cute. But Chucks is a bit smaller, and I carefully measured to not wake him. His is roughly 5" wide x 5 1/2 long. So we all know by now to add your 1/4" seam allowance when rotary cutting. Chucks is not quilted just pieced which is perfectly fine. Jazz must have ran out of time or seen Chuck shivering so she hurried up. :-) I just love how "Jazz" coordinated their fabrics. I do believe they are going to be Best Friends 4ever! I love waking up to see what these 2 have been doing all night long. Thanks for following and I'll keep you posted on their journey 2gether!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on blog)


Note...see previous post for sleeping bag instructions :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment