Friday, December 8, 2023

Cats Christmas Charm Pack Challenge....cont.

 Hey quilter's...thanks for popping back for the continuation of the Holly Jolly Tree Farm Trivet. I wanted the last project of the Charm Pack Challenge to be a "stash buster" and y'all know Chuck was on scrap duty. I shared with him some thoughts that I wanted, and I believe he did a great job :-) The Holly Jolly Tree Farm Trivet is a gift to my daughter Nichole. They have always wanted to tree farm & I always wanted a Bed & Breakfast that would be decorated for Christmas all year. I know a bit much but it's still my dream :-) In the meantime I will just do my Christmas scrap-a-longs all year but I'm hoping this trivet design inspires my daughter to keep following her dreams. She has a wonderful husband, and they encourage each other to achieve their goals & my grandson too. They believe in hard work is a reward and coming from a mom...Gege...words can't explain how proud I am. I hope this charm pack challenge inspired you to make sweet gifts to share with your friends and loved ones. I know it will be on my Christmas bucket list for Next year. Maybe I might make a runner...pillow...who knows but it's fun to get creative and make as many gifts as possible possible. I still can't believe we made 24 gifts from one Charm pack. I love the Holly Jolly collection by Urban Chiks for Moda fabrics. Enhancing all designs with 50# Aurifil thread & 50# thread by Missouri Star Quilt Co. just made this project a breeze. Well keep following for another fun scrap adventure that starts Monday. I'm super excited to share this one!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest


Note...remember just add on more borders if you'd like a larger trivet :-)

Here's all you need for the Holly Jolly Tree Farm Trivet ( 5 1/2" square)

* Holly Jolly charm scraps

* Tree cookie cutter

* heat n bond fusible web or your preferred method for raw edge applique

* White scrap fabric ( I used Quilt Town Stars by Missouri Star Quilt co,)

* Accent thread ( I used red & white 50# Aurifil thread)

* White 50# thread by MSQC ( I pieced square on my Janome)

* cup of coffee :-) :-) :-)

Here's all you do...

* Rotary cut from white scrap fabric 5 1 2 x 5 1/2 square for front.

* Draw a 1/4 " line all around square on front side using your preferred erasable pen. This is your guide when placing trees to stay within the square :-)

( I use one that disappears with the heat of an iron)

* Fuse heatnbond lite to the back of your scraps following manufactures directions. Pre-test scraps to make sure the tree cookie cutter will fit within,

* On the paperside of fusible web...trace the cookie cutter. Carefully cut out and fuse to front side of whte square following manufacturer's directions on fusible web.

Have fun get creative...fussy cut the presents and bows like I did or come up with your own Christmas design. 

* Border/Binding/Quilting...

* From white scrap fabric rotary cut 2 strips 1 3/4 x 5 1/2 and sew with right sides together using a 1/4 " seam allowance to the top/bottom of square.

* From white scrap fabric rotary cut 2 strips 1 3/4 x 8 and sew to left/right sides of square using same method as above. Press & square up.

* Rotary cut low-loft batting to 5 1/2" square and place behind square...pin or clip as desired. 

* Applique or quilt as desired. I did fun accent stars in red and straight line stitching in a small stitch length for easy pivoting around trees...bows etc. Do the same if you wish.

Rotary cut white accent backing fabric & insulbright to 5 1/2" square.

Layer backing right side facing down

* Insulbright then batting if you didn't quilt in previous step

* Then square right side up (facing you)

* Finish the trivet using the same method as coaster/trivet in previous post. 

Well, you did it! You made another sweet gift for the Holiday's. Remember these designs are so easy to incorporate for any season throughout the year...just change the fabric per decor :-)

Talk soon,

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment