Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Lit-up 4 Santa!...Phase 4 & Finishing

 Hey quilter's...hope your week is going great. I've recently realized that I'm a wimp! Oh my gosh...50* in Florida and I could be connected to an electric blanket. It's kind of funny of how your body gets accustomed to warm weather then when it gets cold you or "me" freak, but in my "defense" it's very humid in Florida which makes the cold worse. In my opinion anyway :-) I have some great news to share that I'll be featuring on my posts starting in January the discounts again with Missouri Star Quilt Co. I'm excited to continue the "affiliate program" which allows me to offer a discount to your as well. When I feature my Quilt-mas all year scrap-a-longs in 2024 you'll see the info. I love the quality of items that Missouri Star Quilt Co. offers plus they have great customer service. Win... win in my book! Well, I finally finished this cute baby quilt for my God-niece. I will say that "tacking" was the way to go for me on a domestic machine. I personally have a difficult time sewing with minky fabric on the back. I know a lot of quilters don't have this issue and maybe that's something I can overcome in the future. This design is so versatile as I stated from the beginning. I'll be incorporating those adorable Christmas Light templates in future scrap-a-longs in 2024. Finishing the quilt, I did my border/binding technique so depending on how large you made your quilt then adjust your borders accordingly. I will say for me anyway that sewing the binding by "hand" on the back was great. Minky fabric slides a bit and you have more control with hand sewing. Yes, it's a bit old school but look at is being therapeutic with all the Christmas rush. I know...that didn't work for me either :-) Also. use great quality thread. I preach a lot of Aurifil 50# thread and Missouri Star 50# thread. The quality is amazing and if you're going to spend the time on a handmade quilt then make it a bit easier on you as well. Remember I did "tacking" on my baby lock which made it a bit easier too with the Minky fabric on back. They look like little snowflakes which made it super cute. Also, an extra step...tip to share with you is that I also stitched in the ditch on the front border after hand sewing. Yes, it's an extra step but know it's a baby quilt was worth it. I hope it lasts for many years to come as she grows and enjoys cuddling with this quilt counting down the days until Santa. Remember this is the first of many Quilt-mas Scrap-a-longs so save those Christmas scraps. I'm super exciting of the designs to share with y'all in 20204 and a very special feature too. Hmmm...keep following y'all...we'll have a blast! Talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on blog)




No comments:

Post a Comment