Friday, March 8, 2024

"Quilter Gnome Wall decor"...Phase 2 & finishing!

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great Friday. I know a lot of y'all are getting ready for Spring Break. I'll be checking in tonight to see what plans my grandson has for his week off. I'm sure it will be sports related. He amazes me every day...so thankful! Well, I hope you're having fun with your "Quilter Gnome" by the Whole Country Caboodle from Missouri Star Quilt co. Oh my gosh she makes me smile every time I look at her. I'm still working on a name...I thought of Quilti-Pie but then it makes me want to eat pie :-) I propped her right beside my "Aurifil thread" for inspiration. I have an industrial shelf that I bought from Wayfair that hold my machines that I'm not using. I love it...the shelves hold up to 26 pds which is perfect for sewing machines. I marked my stitch lines with a heat erasable pen then did basic outline stitching around the design using small stitch length for easier pivoting. (see pic). Then accent quilting in center star/heart block. I left the pins off...she's so cute that I couldn't poke her :-) :-) I wrapped the design onto the canvas then used a staple gun to secure. I did start at the bottom...then sides...and finished at top smoothing as I stapled. Here's a tip...if you're corners look bulky carefully trim away the batting just at the corners then wrap to back. This will help the corners lay flat. It's an old upholstery trick but I use it a lot on canvas prints. I then trimmed away any extra fabric on back so it will lay smooth if hung on wall. This pattern & design was so much fun to work with & we'll be using the rest of the charm squares by Maywood Studio real soon. I hope y'all are enjoying National Quilting Month and don't forget my link (upper right on home page) will save you 20% off $50. or more all month from Missouri Star Quilt co. Thanks so much for following and have a great weekend!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)




No comments:

Post a Comment