Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Havin' a Gnome-ful Year!...April Gnome Pillow Wrap....Phase 2 & finishing!

 Hey quilter's...hop y'all are having a great week. I'm enjoying the sun this morning and even the birds were chirping early with this crazy time change. Glad to know I'm not the only one a bit confused. I don't sleep much due to my pain, but I'm not found of the dark when I normally get up early much less with the time change. Oh well...Like my dear late daddy always told me..."suck it up buttercup." :-) Sweeter side right before he passed, he told me to "not get upset over things you can't change." That was pretty much his theory and kept him a strong man. Sorry dad...still working on it :-) Well, the "April Gnome" pillow wrap is so stinkin' adorable that he makes me smile even at 7 o'clock in the morning when it's still dark outside...lolol. I really enjoy the pattern collection by "the Whole Country Caboodle." The quality of the designs is awesome, and the instructions are super easy to follow. I will say doing a "wrap" has been perfect for me. I just swap out per season & fold and store for less bulk. Great space saving tip! I'm also working on a super fun project that I'll be "highlighting" this week too. If you still need supplies my link (upper right on home page) will save you 20% off $50. or more until March 31st from Missouri Star Quilt co. to celebrate National Quilting Month. Thank y'all so much for following and check back soon for more fun projects to celebrate our love of quilting 2gether!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you do...

* Rotary cut your backing fabric to 9 1/2 x 36 1/2 ( I do a bit more then trim away)

Tip...I iron my backing fabric before rotary cutting especially if using up some scraps :-)

* Place your backing and "April Gnome" with right sides 2gether...

* Starting at end mark/pin about a 4" opening for turning right side out. You will not sew this opening.

Tip...I do a double pin for a friendly reminder to myself :-)

* Pin or clip around edges to secure wrap while sewing

* Starting at one side of 'opening"...using a 1/4" seam allowance...reinforce stitching as you begin and sew around design...pivoting at corners. 

* Reinforce stitching at your stopping point.

* Remove pin/clips and turn right side out.

* Press if needed.

* Tuck in your opening to inside even with sides and use washable fabric glue to secure or top stitch.

* Fold on pillow to mark your closing area and secure your fold with no sew adhesive dots or secure as desired.

Enjoy!!! 

He's such a cutie!



No comments:

Post a Comment