Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Pattern Peek of the Week..."Quilter Gnome Wall decor"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are enjoying all the excitement of National Quilting Month. I love seeing everyone's posts on social media and all the pics of places and things to do. I get excited seeing everyone's creativity and especially seeing "young quilters." Quilting has definitely evolved but I have noticed we're starting to kick it "old school" again by incorporating embroidery into blocks for a unique design. I enjoy all the tutorials that Missouri Star Quilt Co. offers and seeing their twists on designs. My link (upper right on home page) will take you to their site for you to view tutorials. Missouri Star Quilt co is also offering 20% off $50. or more on orders until March 31st. to celebrate National Quilting Month. How exciting! Plus, if y'all know me I have to incorporate fun designs celebrating this month too. The first project that I'll be sharing this week is "the Quilter Gnome" by The Whole Country Caboodle. I'll be featuring this super cute design as "quilt wall decor" for your sewing/quilting room. She is so stinkin' adorable and I'm using a charm pack by Maywood Studio which accents her perfectly. We'll use a stretch canvas to secure the design for hanging on the wall or you can prop it on sewing desk too. This pattern is so adorable and makes me smile every time I look at her. I definitely need that...don't you?:-) Well, I've listed the items that I'll be using so y'all can take advantage of the discount that MSQC is offering and get supplies you may need. You can totally quilt the whole design and hang as a quilt if you decide not to use the stretch canvas. This is the first of many fun projects this month! I thank y'all so much for following & 2gether we can create a "Gnome-ful Year 2gether!"

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)

Note...if you click the "follow button" on left of home page you will automatically get the updates as I post :-) thanks again for following!


Supplies needed...

*Quilter Gnome by "the Whole Country Caboodle" from MSQC

* KimberBell Basics Bright lights charm pack by Maywood Studio

* MSQC 50# thread...white

* Coordinating Aurifil  thread ( I used 50# 4150, 2260, 4093)

* 1 fat quarter for background

* 1 7x14 Stretch Canvas

* Pressing sheet for fusing

* Sulky Tear-Easy stabilizer

* Low-loft batting 

* Staple gun to secure design to canvas

* Giingher scissors to carefully separate pattern pieces

Talk soon!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment