Tuesday, March 12, 2024

"Havin' a Gnome-ful Year!"...April Gnome Pillow Wrap! Phase 1

 Hey quilter's...hope your week is off to a great start. I know some of us is on Spring Break, so I hope you're enjoying some relaxing time. I have to share a super sweet moment with y'all. I always say my Grandson Davin has an "old school heart." Well, he is on Spring break and sent me a text Sunday that brought me to tears. Text was..."Gege is this an old sewing machine?" They must have been antique shopping because it was an old Singer "pedal" sewing machine and the cabinet is similar to the one I currently use. Oh, he knows how to win over his Gege's heart! I can't wait to hear what else he's been up too :-) Well this month consists of St. Patrick's Day & Easter & the "April Gnome" by the Whole Country Caboodle is super cute. I used the left-over charm squares from the "Quilter Gnome" to complete the wrap. The charm squares by Maywood Studio compliment him perfectly :-) I did design a "scrappy wrap" trying to use as much of the beautiful fabric squares, but you could do a simple wrap like my first "February Gnome." Because it consists of a lot of piecing/sewing squares 2gether I'm showing in Phase 1 & 2 but you can totally jump ahead if need be. I did not "quilt" the wrap but if you decide too just remember to add your "low loft batting" to size needed. Plus, you would need to sew more like a quilt with binding verses the "simple wrap" like I've been doing. Whatever you decide just to remember to have fun! I love a fun & simple design using one pillow as a space saver. These patterns by The Whole Country Caboodle are so easy to follow and super cute. Remember if you need supplies by link to Missouri Star Quilt Co. (upper left on home page) will save you 20% off $50. or more until March 31st. to celebrate National Quilting Month. I'll be featuring a super sweet design later this week too so check back soon. Thanks so much for following and hope this "April Gnome" brings you as much joy as he has me. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow on Instagram Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)

Here's all you need...

* April Gnome pattern by "The Whole Country Caboodle"

* Maywood Studio 5" Charm pack "KimberBell Basics...Bright Lights" or your desired Charm sq's.

* Sulky light weight tear-easy stabilizer

* Pressing sheet

* Gingher scissors 

* MSQC 50# thread white for piecing

* Aurifil 50# thread 2026, 2588, 2780

* No sew Velcro dots

Here's all you do...

* Select 16...5" charm squares as desired.

* Layout squares as desired into 8 rows of 2 squares per row. (the scrappier the better) :-)

* Rotary cut 1 inch off each 5" square (you will now have a 4 x 5 " square) save scraps.

* Using different 5" squares.... rotary cut strips 1 1/2 x 5 and place on left/right sides of squares to achieve a "scrappy accent border)

Tip...I used the extra scrap pieces first from the "Quilter Gnome" :-)

* Sew strips to squares with right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam allowance. Press.

* Sew rows 2gether to make 4 sections.


* Fuse your "April Gnome" to desired section following instructions on pattern,


Note...remember to use your pressing sheet when fusing to protect your iron :-)

* Stitch or a-play-que as desired.

* I did straight stitch with Aurifil thread then had a blast accenting his beard & ears with Aurifil 50# 2026....he's so cute....have fun & get creative :-)


* Sew sections with right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam allowance & matching seams Press

Isn't he adorable? ;-) :-) 

Check back soon for Phase 2,

Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment