Friday, August 26, 2022

Cats Tip of the Day! Tip to get ready 4a "Spook-tacular Scrap-a-long!"

 Hey quilter's...hope your Friday is off to a great start & ready for the weekend. When you retire some days just seem to "run-2gether" which can be a bit embarrassing at times. I've enjoyed sharing my "Scrap-Crackle-Pop!" technique and hoping it's been "therapeutic" for you as well. I'm a bit addicted to this technique so of course had to step it into some holiday fun! :-) Yes...small projects and actually great inexpensive gifts for the Holiday's as well. You're using your "scraps" and most likely you have the supplies already...win...win...:-) In a few of the designs you'll be "scrapin' small quarter square triangles" so I wanted to share again this technique to make this project easier. You know me by now I'm all about less-stress-quilting! I know if you are a beginner quilter supplies can add up quickly and gadgets are so tempting. I for one have to "control" myself :-( still working on that! So, here's an inexpensive tip that I do to make these triangles easier to trim. If you are fortunate to have one of those fancy "spinning mats" then this is just an extra fun tip for you :-) But, I do this.... I place my small "Olfa Mat" on top of my larger cutting mat and spin it around when rotary cutting the half-square triangles w/ my square-up-ruler. Makes trimming easier and safer. I still to this day am extra careful using a rotary cutter and this technique assures me the quality of a clean cut plus the safety as well. Plus, not to mention if you have "back issues" like me you are not stretching over to rotary cut...every bit helps with back issues :-) Also, the Fons & Porter 1/4" ruler is wonderful to help mark your half-square triangle lines. I have 2 sizes and use them always to mark my squares. For marking lines, I use a "dritz water soluble marking pencil" Again...great gift idea for a "beginner quilter" :-) Oh, did I mention you'll be doing some "crazy-spider-web-quilting? So, grab your "spooky-scraps.... your coordinating aurifil thread" and get ready for a "spook-tacular scrap-a-long" coming soon! Thanks for following and please share the love of quilting w/others! Cat

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment