Thursday, August 4, 2022

Cats Scrapin' quilt-a-long..."the Sweetest Gift Ever!" Phase 2 & finishing!

 Hey quilters...hope y'alls week is going great. I've had so much "joy" quilting my grandson Davin art block. Oh my gosh, I did not realize his "tiny" detail in his art until I started quilting. His tiny windows and how he staggered the towers is amazing. He was only 9 at the time of this artwork.He is now going into the 6th grade and every year he amazes me even more with his creativity in art & his school and sports ability. As you can tell, I'm pretty proud of this young man and my heart is still full :-) I love how aurifil thread compliment his art. All I did was do outline quilting 'cause I didn't want to take anything away from his design. Aurifil # 2692 (black) complimented his design perfectly. Plus, I just got a "2 thumbs up" on a text from him. Have to say...that's all this Gege needed! Well, this was a fast/easy quilt-a-long but stay tuned for a very exciting adventure ahead! Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest and Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine


Here's all you do...

*At this time, you have already quilted your block, and this is where the "Border/binding" technique comes into play.

Tip..."finger press" due to the nature of the "fabric"

*Fold back your "top border" 1/2 ' to bak of block and finger press. Then on back of quilt fold in again creating a secure fold on back when you top stitch.

*Finger press....clip or pin as desired.



*Top stitch or quilt in the ditch on front of block w/ coordinating thread. This technique gives you a finished border plus easy binding...you know me...#less-stress-quilting! :-)

*Repeat this method for the bottom...then left border then right border.

Now take a look at the "quilt art" you just finished! I know mine isn't perfect but I'm pretty please. After all, I just did got at "2 thumbs up." I love that young man!

No comments:

Post a Comment