Saturday, August 6, 2022

"A healthy snack to eat while Quilting"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great weekend. I had to share this healthy snack with you. They are "Study-Pops" for my grandson Davin and so d'lish. I thought. Why not share w/y'all because they make a great healthy snack. I guess for us quilter's we can call them "Quilt- pops" :-) Maybe I should share the sweet story of what is going on with my Grandson He's always thinking of ways to make me happy (not the previous posts of his school art turned into a quilt block for me. Well with the recent passing of my dear dad we all realized that life is very precious. Cherish each day! We love to cook together so I thought of doing a "cookbook" for him that he'll have when he goes off to college. (note he's only 11) But here's the kicker...it was supposed to be a surprise but that didn't last long so he takes this "idea" to a whole different level. He asked me to make my recipes healthier. Yes...I know...he's 11...but he eats healthy and works out due to his sports routines. Well, after laughing for several minutes, I did accept his challenge of making my recipes healhi-r. Anyway, on my cooking blog I'll be posting recipes along with stories of him and I cooking. I hope our journey will inspire you to take the time and "write down' your recipes as you are cooking. It's so special to find a recipe from a loved one and what better way to keep their memories cherished. We all do it with a quilt and have to say there's no better memory to cherish than a quilt pieced with Aurifil thread & a recipe from a loved one. enjoy!

Keep following for my soon-2b-fun-scrapin'-quilt-a-long!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment