Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Scrap-Humor....when you're "quilting" & you get asked..."what's 4 dinner?"

 Hey quilter's...hope your week is off to a great start. Had to share a little "scrap-humor" to get you through the week. I think we've all had this moment of getting interrupted in some way while quilting. What's hard for me is that I have to "limit" my sewing/quilting time due to my back limitations. Well, not that I don't mind interruptions sometimes when you get in that "quilting groove" as I like to say & then stop it's frustrating. For me anyway :-) Recently I even had a "rotary cutting incident" when had to go do something else :-( It happens...but I did learn due to this mistake that if you are sewing "squares" 2gether and for some reason your seams aren't matching up...there's a reason. In a soon-2b-project that I will be sharing I must have not trimmed up 2 of my accent blocks before piecing and quilting. Yes...I did it! It happens...In the "construction world" that would not work...in the "quilting world" I'm saying that table square has memories :-) Seriously, what else can I do when you've quilted it and then see an "oopsie." So now I have a "sticky pad" by my projects to remind me where I stopped on the project to prevent "oopsies." Don't get old quilter's...I'm blaming my "memory loss" on my meds :-) :-) :-) Anyway, I usually have a snappy comeback when getting asked what's for dinner because honestly, he doesn't care but this time I said "scraps" instead of "leftovers." Again...it's the meds', right? :-) Well...the pic below is showing my soon 2-be scrap-a-long. The "sneak-peek" features 50# aurifil thread, scraps from Moda, Michael Miller Fabrics & Hoffman Batiks, Actually, looks like a pretty good "high-fiber" diet to me! As promised small projects for the holidays are coming soon so keep following. Thanks for "scrapin'-a-long w/me" & please share the love of threadnfabric therapy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

email q's cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

Follow on Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

Pop on over to my "cooking blog" for some easy & healthy recipes to make while quilting!

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment