Friday, August 5, 2022

Cats Tip of the Day!...my new QBF...disappearing ink pen!

 Hey quilter's...hope your day is going great and you have plans for a fun quilting weekend. I have to share this fun "disappearing ink pen" by Frixion for fabrics that I've been using lately. It's my new QBF "quilt best friend" Y'all may already use it but if not it's amazing. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first. The thought of writing on a quilt or fabric that you've worked hard on was a bit hard for me. The quilt shop owner actually did a test for me on "white fabric." I was probably the biggest dork when I got so excited when it worked. I'm sure y'all are going "hello they've been around." Yes...I know. Again, it freaks me out a bit. Needless to say, I bought three to use on different fabric colors. I do recommend always doing a test before on a piece of scrap fabric that you will be using. But don't waste a large scrap of fabric...we need those :-) seriously speaking she just used her iron and applied heat and it went away. I still use my "old school" method of the pencil marking lightly and I do love Dritz quilting pencils but just had to share this option as well. I probably wouldn't use as a "quilting outline" due to you never know how things react on fabric. I use these for marking my "half-square triangle" due to you rotary cut on the marked line and don't see it. I've heard there is a bit of "controversy" with these pens so again test first If anything...what a fun "magic trick" with kiddos :-) I guess I'm getting you ready for my "big reveal soon." :-) Thanks for following and have a great weekend!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

email q's cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

https://cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment