Hey quilters...happy Saturday! Hope you're weekend includes sewing. I hope y'all enjoyed the "Songbird Blog Hop" featuring Jennifer Thomas new collection "Songbird" designed for her by Jerry Khiev for Lumin Fabrics. I fell in love with this collection and I'll be sharing soon a fun and easy project using my sweet scraps. You know me...no scrap left behind :-) Well today I'm sharing the final rows of "BOO-ville!" This design is sew versatile and can be easily enlarge just by adjusting your borders to your desired width. I used the "Purple Branches Batiks" from the Boo Bash collection by Lumin Fabrics for my border and backing. I ordered 2.5 yards and now I wished that I ordered more. I realized after I pieced my borders that I needed a tad but more for the backing so now I'll be doing s fun scrap-strip-piecing on the back. But that's o.k. and why they say..."always buy more than what you need." Or in my case..."what I thought I needed." :-) It happens. One thing I've learned on my quilting life's journey is that you learn to adapt and sew on! Well by now you've probably came up with your own spin on this Mystery design and maybe even your own time saving tips. I've previously shared some tips that I found to help especially when fusing letters. I had fun designing this spook-a-long that it inspired my next Mystery Christmas Quilt-a-long that I'll be sharing soon. As always, I'm sew thankful that you are a part of my sewing and quilting journey. Enjoy!
Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,
Cat
Follow me on Instagram,,,Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)
BOO-ville....Clue #5...
Beginner....
Note...prepare letters using same method as previous steps & sewing.
* Row 8...position the word "CREEPY" to left side of top within your squares.
... Position the word "HAUNTED" to far right side of quilt within your squares.
* Row 9...position the word "SPIDERS" to left side of top under the word "CREEPY"
... Position the word "HOUSES!" far right of top under the word "HAUNTED"
Row 10....10 scrappy squares.
After you have fused and a-play-qued your letters...press and sew your rows together using a 1/4" seam allowance sewing right sides together...I did clip my rows together one at a time to secure while sewing.
Press and square up if needed and be thinking what size border you would like. For me it usually depends on how much fabric I have at this stage. I love to do a scrappy pieced border but this time I'll be sharing next week of my advanced border that I had a blast designing. I feel that borders compliment the over all of the design.
Well, you're almost done!
Advanced....
Note...prepare letters using same method as in previous steps and sewing.
* Row 15...10 scrappy rectangles
* Row 16...1 scrappy corner square. 1 scrappy rectangle...3 orange rectangles with word "CREEPY"...1 scrappy rectangle...3 orange rectangles with word "HAUNTED"..1 scrappy rectangle...1 scrappy corner square.
Row 17...10 scrappy rectangles
Row 18...Same as row 16 but words "SPIDERS" under "CREEPY" and "HOUSES" under "HAUNTED"
Row 19...10 scrappy rectangles
Row 20...1 scrappy square...9 scrappy rectangles...1 scrappy square
Once you are happy with your design then sew rows with right sides together using a 1/4" seam allowance. Press and square up if needed.
You're getting closer to the finish! Now be thinking of what size border you wish to add. This is when you can easily enlarge the overall size of the quilt and get creative. This is also a great time to use any scraps too. I'll be sharing my advanced border next week too.
Talk soon,
Cat


No comments:
Post a Comment