Hey quilters...happy Monday! Hope y'all had a great weekend and weather. I'm excited to share with you clue #1 of the "BOO-ville!" mystery scrap-a-long. I know you're probably still cutting your squares and working on your layout, but this clue might help you decide on what stage you will make. I stated in previous posts that the collection "Boo Bash" by Jerry Khieve for Lumin Fabrics/Island Batik is so fun that you might just make a easy scrappy patch quilt. I totally get that! But I'm hoping this clue might challenge you to make the letters. I love Accuquilt dies. I use to cut my letters out by hand and investing in the dies has been a game changer for me. So easy and I'm saving time. You can incorporate the letters even if you're doing the basic patch design. You would just float the letters within the rows that I'll be stating along the way. Remember this is a "clue" to help with your "thought" process of your design layout. I highly recommend not sewing your rows together til you have your design as desired. One reason why I love this fabric collection. It's so versatile & fun to spark your creativity. I hope you're having fun and check back soon for more tips/hints and clues. Thanks so much for following a long on this sewing journey with me. Talk soon!
Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,
Cat
Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)
BOO-ville! Clue #1...
Hint...
* Beginner design....the letters will be positioned within row 2 at top of squares :-)
* Advanced...the letters are fused to the pumpkin batik fabrics rotary cut 2.5 x 5" squares on row 3.
ex...row 3 will be 2 scrappy squares...5 pumpin squares then 3 scrappy squares to achieve the staggered design.
Remember...this is a "clue" more details to come on sewing the squares...fusing letters the a-play-queing around the letters with coordinating Aurifil thread.
Hmmm...was that another hint :-)
Talk soon,
Cat

No comments:
Post a Comment