Hey quilters...happy Friday! Hope y'all have great plans for a fun sewing weekend & other things of course. I always say when I'm hosting a scrap-a-long that I'm not that far ahead of you. Well today I've been a-play-queing around the "words." I love using a tiny stitch length which helps with the pivoting around the letters much easier. But that's not my tip for you. I wanted to share with you of how I like to align my strips to adhere the letters in a straight line. After pressing my background fabric so the letters lie flat, I place my wool pressing mat on my cutting board, so the lines match up at center. I then place my background strip even within a line and place my ruler a 1/4 from the bottom of the strip. This helps me keep my letters straight when placing on background fabric plus it keeps my 1/4" seam straight for sewing too. I place my letters on background fabric then I go back and peel of paper backing and fuse following manufacturer's directions using my favorite Oliso iron. I use a pressing cloth to protect my iron from any glue seepage. I love my June Tailor T-shirt pressing cloth. I use it for my sewing/quilting projects and while ironing clothing too. I hope you're having as much fun as I am sewing with this super cute fabric. Check back soon for more clues. Talk soon!
Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,
Cat
Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)
BOO-ville! Pressing letters...

No comments:
Post a Comment