Thursday, August 29, 2024

How Fabric Inspires Creativity!

 Hey quilter's...hope you're having a great week. I've been working on my next project that I will be sharing soon with y'all but first want to share something very dear. Have you been inspired just by looking at fabric? Has fabric sparked your inner creativity by the pattern...color hues...textures? Sounds crazy but what I'm going to share with y'all will blow your mind. We all know that I recently made drapes from an old quilt top....well...as I was "carefully pressing" the quilt top I was admiring the pattern & fabric colors. Oh my goodness...I immidiately went to my "scrap basket." My left-over Jelly Roll strips of "Old Glory" by Lella Boutique for Moda fabrics coordinated perfectly. Honestly I got the chills. I've been wanting and needed to make a cover for my sewing machine that I use in front of my window. I get tons of sun and that is also why I will be adding a "mock lining" to the drapes. We all know how much sunlight can cause damage but I also wanted a cover to be super cute. I've procrastinated on this project for quite a while but this definately inspired me to get the project done. After all we are re-doing our sewing room now that we have time with the kiddos being back in school. The pic below is the inspiration for my "Jelly Roll Strips 2 Sewing Machine Cover" that I will be sharing with y'all next week. I wanted to also give y'all a heads up that my discount code with MSQC will be running out at the end of the month. Plus "Jelly Rolls" seem to sell out fast because they are very versatile too. My link to MSQC (upper right on home page) will save you 20% off $50. or more until the end of August. Also check out MSQC webiste for daily deals and inspirational tutorials. If you're like me they have so much to offer that I keep going back to see everything :-) Don't want to miss out on their fun tutorials! So grab your "jelly rolls" and lets get ready to make a super fun & easy sewing machine cover for our "sewing room re-do." Talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links on right of home page)



No comments:

Post a Comment