Monday, August 12, 2024

"Santas Christmas Cookie Party" Hostess gifts-Phase 1

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all had a restful weekend. I've been working on my next "fun-ctional" design to share. I love entertaining especially during the Christmas season. So many fun recipes to try and seeing everyone's response can be funny at times. Last Christmas I made smothered chicken on biscuits. For some odd reason my sweet grandson has inherited my quirkiness of not liking things "mushy." So on that note I learned not to serve anything on top of biscuits for him that might get soggy. Ahh the things we learn as a "Gege." Years ago I had a suprise "hostess gift" for my family & friends that was a "hit" so I thought we'd go that route again ;-) As you know from my previous post that I'm sharing "Santas SN-UGLY Sweater Dinner Party" runner so of course I would make a "hostess gift" to give. I'm in love with the Christmas Template Set 2 from Missouri Star Quilt Company. They are so stinking cute...versatile for sewing/crafttng so I thought..."a small trivet." We all use them when cooking/entertaining and they will look cute on table for everyone to use. Then before my friends and family leave I'll tell them to pick one to take home with them. Sweet and fun :-) The size is small (5" x 5") so it would make a fun festive mug mat for coffee....cocoa...or soup bowl. They could even re-gift too...so many possibilities. I used my scraps from Merry Little Christmas 10" stackers for Riley Blake Designs and the "Once Upon a Christmas Sugar Cookies Sprinkles" by Moda Fabrics is perfect! Sew much fun :-) I have to say...there could be another fun Christmas project brewing in my sewing room so check out these adorable templates while they are in stock. My link to Missouri Star Quilt Company (upper right on home page) will save you 20% off $50. or more in August on most supplies. Check out their webiste for daily deals and inspirational tutorials too. I thank y'all so much for following & hope you're having fun getting a head start on your Holiday sewing. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you need...

* Missouri Star Christmas Template Bundle Set 2 

* Scraps from Merry Little Christmas 10" stackers by Riley Blake Designs

* Once Upon a Christmas Sugar Cookies by Moda Fabrics 

* Double sides fusible web

* Insul-Bright

* Low loft batting

* Coordinating thread

Note...I did not state yardage due to a small project and it's a great time to use up scraps :-)

Here's all you do...

* Following manufacturers directions...adhere fusible web to wrong side of sugar cookie fabric.

* On paper side...trace around the Christmas templates & cut out.

Note...two templates (mitten/cardinal) can be directional if desired. ;-)

* From Merry Little Chrstmas 10" stackers...

* Rotary cut nine 5 x 5 " background squares to compliment "sugar cookie design template."

* Rotary cut nine 5 x 5" squares for backing & set aside.

* Rotary cut nine 5 x 5" squares of insul-bright & batting...set aside.

* Fuse Christmas template design to a 5 x 5" square following manufacturer's directions.

Note...when placing shape on square remember to allow for your 1/4" seam when adding borders later.

* Repeat for all 9 squares.

* A-play-que as desired. 

Tip...use your scraps to embellish the design :-)

Get creative and have fun. Just remember some embellishmets might not let a mug sit flat. I love to use embroidery floss or just my thread and decorative stitch on sewing machine.



Talk soon for Phase 2.

Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment