Saturday, August 17, 2024

"Coffee...Sew...Quilt...Repeat!"...Wall decor Phase 1

 Hey quilter's...hope your weekend is off toa great start. I know it's that crazy time when kiddos are going back to school and then we're sharing Holiday inspiration. My design wall right now has layers, from Labor Day...Halloween to Christmas. But I had to share this super cute pattern with y'all. Why??? Because with the kiddos going back to school this is a time for you! Yes..take time to do some fun things for you. I'll be sharing some Sewing/Quilt room re-do's with you and I had to start with a wall hanging. I love this 'sewing machine" pattern by "the Whole Country Caboodle," and I love coffee. So I created a design that ties all my loves 2gether. Coffee...Sew...Quilt...Repeat! Can you relate? Actually mine should state..."Coffee...Sew...Rip..Repeat!" that's usually true when I've had tooooo much coffee :-) I traced and fused the letters on Moda Bella Solids Black scraps that I had but you could totally purchase letters if desired. I used my scraps from Missouri Star Quilt Town for the background and backing then used my left-over squares from my "Bright Lights" charm pack by Kimberbell Basics. I'll be sharing some fun designs the next several weeks using up some unique items to enhance your sewing room and gift giving ideas as well. Most of the supplies I'll be using can be purchased on Missouri Star Quilt Company's webiste. My link to MSQC is on upper right of home page. You can save 20% off $50. or more for the month of August on most sewing/crafting/quilting supplies. Check out MSQC daily deals and tutorials too for more sewing inspiration. This project comes together quickly so grab your scraps and let's have fun re-doing our sewing rooms 2gether. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Note...wall decor finishes roughly at 11 1/2 x 16 1/2...easily enlarge if desired.

Here's all you need...

* Sewing Machine pattern by "The Whole Country Caboodle"

* MSQC Quilt Town Tossed Star White Scraps

* Moda Bella Solids Black Scraps

* Bright Lights by Kimberbell Basics Charm pack Scraps

* Fusible web for letters

* MSQC 50# thread (white) piecing/quilting

* Low loft batting Scraps

* Letter stencils or create your own :-)

* Aurifil thread 50# Black (use in Phase 2)

Here's all you do...

* Rotary cut 2 squares 11 1/2 x 16 1/2 from Quilt Town white fabric for front/back 

* Low loft batting same size

* Set all aside :-)

Scrappy Border/Binding...

* From your charm square scraps...

* Rotary cut strips 2" x 5" or random lenghts for a more scrappier design :-)

* Join strips with right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam allowance.

* Sew lengthwise and finger press as you go.

* Make 2 strips 2 x 11 1/2 " for top/bottom border

* Sew strips to white background fabric to top/bottom w/right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam.

* Press & square up if needed.

* Make 2 strips 2 x 19 1/2" for left/right border

* Sew as above.

Note...next step is optional but great time to practice quilting :-)

Pre-quilt background...

* Layer white backing fabric with right side down...then batting...quilt tip (right side up...facing you)

Note...position the backing/batting within the quilt top...it will be smaller due to your border will be folded back to form the border/ binding at a later step. :-)

* Mark diagonal quilting lines 2" apart w/your preferred method or use your presser foot as a guide & quilt on the lines or quilt as desired.

* Remove marks if needed per manufacturer's instructions.

* Press before next step.

Fusing Sewing Machine/Letters...

Tip...I fully reccommend a pressing sheet used for following steps :-)

* Position /Fuse Sewing machine pattern as desired following pattern instructions.

* Fuse fusible web to wrong side of scrap Moda black fabric.

* Trace your desired letters on paper side of fusible web.

Note...trace letters reversed on paper side :-)

* Carefully cut out letters.

* Position letters as desired and fuse following manufacturer's instructions.

Tip...I fused scraps of charm squares for the "QUILT' word...do the same if you wish :-) and I will probably re-do the "Q",,,my O.C.D. kicked in..it looks a bit small :-) :-) :-) 

Enjoy & have fun...embellish more if desired.

Check back soon for Phase 2,

Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment