Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Cats Project Progress..."Coffee...Sew...Quilt Repeat!" Wall decor Phase 2

 Hey quilter's...hope all is going great. I'm super excited to show the finishing of "Coffee...Sew...Quilt Repeat!" wall decor. This is the first project of our sewing room re-do. The kiddos are back in school and now it's time for you! I know you're a bit sad...I went through the same thing years ago. Honestly...still do. I hate being away from my daughter and she's 40 :-) I think it's a feeling that never goes away but it does make you appreciate the time spent together. Life is really short so we "I" need to start making every moment count. I now wake-up and say what can I do today...for me...for others and my sanity :-) Well, you know me...I have to do some sewing and quilting. I do things in moderation but I'm not giving up on what I love. I totally believe in "thread and fabric therapy." Take your mind of pain even if it's just a few moments rejouvinates you to continue. So on that note...sewing room inspiration to the rescue! I know for me...seeing fun inspirational items keep me focused. I love the small size of this wall hanging. It will be with my small quilted art project that my grandson designed and made into a quilt block for me that I later quilted. Moments like that keeps me going...makes me realize that now matter what..."There is always something to be Thankful for" :-) I thank y'all so much for following. Check back later this week for another fun & inspirational project for our sewing room re-do. Oh...if you need any supplies my link to MSQC (upper right on home page) will save you 20% off $50. or more in August on most sewing/crafting/quilting supplies. Talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you do...

Border/Binding...

* Starting at top...Fold border to back of quilt leaving a 1/4" binding on front.

* On back fold again to secure hem.

* Pin or clip to secure.

* Stitch in the ditch on from of quilt to secure your fold on back.

* Repeat  same method for bottom binding

* Then Left/right side.

* Press quilt if needed.

Embellishing...

* Follow instructions within the pattern or get creative and personalize it to your likings. I did a fun "Aurifil Thread" spool with the scraps and a little bling embellishment around the heart.

* Remember...have fun & enjoy your super cute wall decor :-)

Hang as desired.

Talk soon,

Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment