Sunday, August 4, 2024

"Santas SN-UGLY Sweater Dinner Party! Phase 1

 Hey quilter's...hope all has been well. I've been doing a bit of everyting lately & adding another fun project to the list. I can't help it! Oh my gosh...this is the cutest pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Co. I for one love a "Ugly-Sweater Party" during the Holidays. It's a classic and everyone loves picking out their favorite ugly sweater. A few years ago we did a "cookie decorating theme" to go a long with the ugly sweater party. This pattern is right up my families idea of fun and that's why I got so excited. I'll be making a "table runner" from the pattern design using 10" Stackers "Merry Little Christmas" by My Minds Eye for Riley Blake Designs. Thsi fabric collection is adorable! Missouri Star Quilt Company has a "free-sweater pattern download" template within the pattern to make the sweaters. You can make the sweaters as traditonal as you wish or get a bit crazy like I did and have fun. I shortened the sleeves...did the fabrics a bit different and did some of the sweaters a bit wonky. The pattern is "sew versatile." The quilt pattern is for the 10" squares and I incorporated the squares for the 5 background squares and the backing and sweaters. The weather has been a bit rough already here in Florida so a fun project helps with my anxiety. Hurricane Season drives me nuts so I'll be "bouncing" around posting projects that I'm working on and showing "project progress" updates on blog as well as Instagram..facebook & Pinterest. It's the season to start those fun Holiday projects & MSQC has tons of inspiration on their website. My link on home page will save you 20% off $50. or more on most supplies for the month of August. This is the first of many fun projects that I'll be hosting with Missouri Star Quilt Company projects. Keep checkin' in cause we have a fun month ahead. "Teach the Kiddos 2 Sew" is still happening so I hope your squares are coming a long nicely. I'm still working on mine! If you're ahead of me just remember to sew your blocks/rows together using a 1/4" seam allowance and always press as you go. If you're at the point of adding borders...make sure you press...measure your sides and join your border strips as desired. Press & square up again before quilting. I'll be posting some tips soon of fun & easy beginner quilting steps on a "domestic machine." I use my "Jezz II" by BabyLock & my Janome & Husqvarna when piecing. I'm re-doing my sewing room so I'll be posting some fun decorating tips/patterns real soon! Thanks so much for following...be safe with this crazy & check back soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

 (discount link upper right on home page)

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Note....I'll be posting in phases..so catch up soon once your items arrive from MSQC :-)

Here's all you need...

* SN-UGLY SWEATER QUILT Pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Company

* "Merry Little Christmas" 10" Stackers by My Minds Eye for Riley Blake Design

* Sew Light Fusible Adhesive (quanity needed printed on pattern)

* Fabric yardage & Binding/Backing printed on pattern

* Coordinating Aurifil 50# thread

Check back soon!

Cat






No comments:

Post a Comment