Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Santas Christmas Cookie Party...Hostess Gifts Phase 2

 Hey quilter's...hope your week is going great. I'm praying for everyone bracing for the Hurricane. I for one know it's frightening & mother-nature always wins. I just wish we could have one Hurricane season when the news says "Hey...no Hurricane's this year!" I guess a girl can always dream. One reason why I sew and quilt. It truly helps with my anxiety. I preach thread and fabric therapy a lot and I know a lot of you feel the same. Sometimes just taking our mind of the pain even for a few minutes helps. Just remember if you're like me with back issues don't give up on what you love...just do in moderation. Remember my "timer" post? Well...day's like today it really is handy. I guess that's one reason why I love a fast but super cute "fun-ctional gift." The Christmas Template Bundle Set 2 by Missouri Star Quilt Company have been a blast. I've design my "Santas SN-UGLY Christmas Sweater Party" table runner for Holiday entertaining using the free sweater template dowload & template. Now we're creating these fun "hostess gifts" to give as well. They are fast to make and fun-ctional. You can give as a mug mat...for coffee...teas...soupls etc. or use as a small trivet when entertaining. They are layered with Insul-Bright for hot/cold items. I did they "scrappy border" in two different styles...quilted in the ditch with Aurifil 50# thread and did "accent quilting" around the template design. You have so many ways to design your own so get creative and have fun. I'll be posting mine a long the way & also showing more fun projects too. If you need supplies my link (upper right on home page) to MSQC w/save you 20% off $50. or more in August for most sewing/crafting/quilting supplies. Check out their daily deals and tutorial for inspiration too. I thank y'all so much for following and check back soon for more fun projects. Enjoy & stay safe!

Blessed Quilting,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you need...

* Missouri Star Christmas Template Bundle Set 2

* Fabrics used....Merry Little Christmas by Riley Blake Designs

& Once Upon a Christmas Sugar Cookies Sprinkles by Moda Fabrics

* Insult Bright

* Low loft batting

* Aurifil 50# thread

Here's all you do...

The Hostess gifts roughly finish out to a 5 x 5" square.

Instructions for the Santa Sweater design...

* Rotary cut 2 strips 2" x 5" (scrappier the better) :-)

* Sew with right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam allowance... to Top/bottom of block

* Rotary cut 2 strips 2 strips 2 x 8...sew as above to left/right side of block. Press

* Layer....backing fabric (right side down)...batting...insul-bright...block...right side up(facing you)

Border/Binding...

* Starting at top...fold border to back leaving a 1/4" border seam on front.

* On back...fold binding in half to secure the fold...pin or clip.

* Repeat for bottom binding.

* Stitch in the ditch on front of block...this will secure your fold on back.

* Repeat same methold for left/right borders.

Quilting...

* I quilted around the template design but embellish as you desire. Small projects are a great time to practice fun new quilting stitches or play with your decorative stitches on your machine.

* They roughly finish out to a 5 x5 " trivet (hostess gift) :-)

Christmas Tree design...

* Rotary cut a strip 2 x 5 and sew as above to the top of square. 

* Rotary cut a strip roughly 2 x  6 1/4 and sew to right side of square

* Rotary cut a strip roughly 2 x 6 1/2 and sew to bottom of square.

* Rotary cut a strip roughly 2 x 8 and sew to left of square.

* Press.

Note...I cut my strips a bit longer then square up after...less stress :-)

* Now you will fold your border to the back side as previous instructions on the sweater design but you will do the direction as you sewn your strips to give the different border design.

* Have fun quilting!

Enjoy & Talk soon,

Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment