Saturday, May 14, 2022

Cats "Scrapin' a-play-que' Series"...Brands I love!

 Hey quilter's....hope your weekend is off to a great start. I wanted to take a moment & share some products that use and love. No, I don't get a kick-back for what I share...for me it's all about sharing tips that might make a sewing/quilting project a bit easier. Yes, we all know by now of how I'm addicted to 50# AURifil thread :-) but I also need to share that I would be lost doing my "a-play-que" projects with out HeatnBond LIte. This iron on adhesive is wonderful & easy to use especially if you're new to the a-play-que technique. So lightweight and once you apply to your fabric it leaves such a smooth surface & I even layer on top of designs due to no heavy bulk. Now along to go with your adhesive I fully recommend a good quality "pressing sheet." I've use a reusable non-stick pressing sheet that I've had forever and absolutely love. Helps keep your iron clean while applying adhesive & lays your fabric still while pressing. . I do recommend if you're able to keep one iron strictly for your applique/craft projects. May sound weird but if you ever have an "oopsie" like I've had and you get that adhesive stuck to your great quality fabric, you'll thank me for this :-) My last item that I recommend is a great quality batting for your projects. I use Warm & Natural batting and love how it makes quilting easier with less bulk. You want your designs to look awesome so why not take a few moments & use great quality items. Most can be purchased  at your local grocery store for your convenience. Tip...I do save my batting scraps for my small projects so you have no waist :-) I hope these tips help & remember that I'm all about "less-stress-quilting"

Have fun gathering your items for our "Scrapin' a-play-que Series" & get ready to have some fun 2gether this summer! Have a great weekend!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment