Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Cats Scrapin' "a-play-que' series"

 Hey quilter's...hope all is going well. I'm slowly getting things going again but with major limitations. But that's definitely life! My dear dad always said, "don't stress about things you can't change." That is definitely true, but I now say "thank God for pain meds" :-) oops! Anyway, I'll be starting my "a-play-que series" that will consist of easy & fun ways to creative 'small projects" with applique techniques. All projects can be easily enlarged but I do projects on a very small scale these days due to my back limitations. I did need to get a bit more creative but then I decided small projects are great for the kiddos to learn sewing techniques plus rewarding for a fun fast project. My projects will be using scrap fabrics and also featuring the wonderful AURifil thread. I am addicted to the 50#....I can't brag enough on the strength and so many color hues to choose from. I was so pleased on how the thread complimented the scraps of Michael Miller Fairy Frost fabrics (pic below). The quilt design below is actually a baby quilt size that I'll be doing for a fundraiser but you can easily enlarge the design if you wish or use same technique for a table runner...pillow...endless possibilities! Please don't let this design scare you...I'll be teaching my "folding technique" for no square piecing. What! Yes...you'll be amazed. Shhh...but there's no "quilting police" invited in this series! Ha! But you can totally piece each individual square if your heart desires :-) Anyway, I'll be teaching easy techniques and showing advanced tips as well. Remember..."less-stress-quilting." I'll also be starting this series with an easy project using the same fabric scraps and AURifil thread making a "Beach Towel Pillow"...this is a great fun project for a girl or boy and a great gift. That's what I'll be doing...what kiddo wouldn't like a custom beach towel that can also "stash your goodies" in while you're at the beach or pool. 

So grab your "scraps" and AURifil thread and lets "a-play-que" 2gether this summer!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment