Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Cats "Scrapin' a-play-que Series" Beach Towel Quillow Phase 2

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are ready to "a-play-que." In this phase you'll be accenting your pillow design using the "raw-edge applique" technique. This is the time to get creative...put your personal spin on your block using colorful threads. I love raw-edge applique...it gives me the chance to play with decorative stitches on my sewing machine. You've already done the tedious steps and now it's time to "a-play-que" as I like to say! I fully recommend using the Sulky tear-away stabilizer on the back of your fabric. This will allow a much neater stitch when appliqueing and also helps your fabric move more freely while doing so. I also like to take a sample piece of fabric that I am using and do some test stitches. This will allow you to do any adjusting such as your stitch length or width. Depending on your machine some are automatic but still allow you to adjust if desired. So, play with your machine...do some fun practice stitching and get creative! As you can see in pic below my AURIfil thread compliments the Michael Miller Fairy Frost fabrics perfectly, but you can always do accent threads as well to really make your design pop. Also, I keep a neutral color in my bobbin, so I only have to change my top threads to coordinate with fabric. Last pic is how I monogram my letters...I just rotary cut thin strips from my scraps, design my letter and fuse with heatnbond lite following manufacturer's directions then applique just like you did previously. Sew easy & saves you money!   Remember...there's no "quilt-police" on this blog so have fun...get creative...& lets "a-play-que" 2gether!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com

*Next phase will be assembling your square & sewing to beach towel to form into your quillow :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment