Monday, January 8, 2024

Quilt Inspiration "Measure Once" decor or Sewing Machine cover!"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all had a great warm weekend. Geez the weather is frightening. Seriously "Frosty" nailed it in my mind. I'm not much of a cold weather gal & I'll admit to y'all "I'm a flannels gal all year!" I know...but they are so warm and snuggly and don't stick to you when sleeping :-) Well we all know Santa brought me this super fun design by Tied with a Ribbon...measure once cuss twice. He does know me to well. I love this pattern, but I wanted to make a sewing machine cover using the design. I have a Janome that I like to use when traveling or going to a quilt club. It's lightweight and when not in use it "sits" on my shelf. I thought how cute to have the cover reminding me what I "should" be doing. Hmmm....a little "inspiration" to see is exactly what I need. For sure! The pattern is so easy to follow if you make their wall hanging or you can "scrap-a-long" with me and make the sewing machine cover. I will be using some fat quarters along with a charm pack designed by Tula Pink for Free Spirit Fabrics. Ironically, I've been saving this cute charm pack for a special occasion. I'll be sharing some advanced techniques along the way that are easy & fun. The charm pack listed in my supplies needed are for the advanced "scrappy charm back." My design features the super cute design in front of machine cover along with the pieced back. The colors in Tula Pinks line are so vibrant and match the pattern perfectly. So why not have "cuteness" on both sides" :-) If you decide not to follow the advanced step then purchase 4 fat quarters or use up some of your scraps. The pattern can be purchased at Missouri Star Quilt Company plus you can save 15% clicking on my link. It's good for one time use in January so grab all you can to save! The kit lists options for wordings and supplies needed. I'll be sharing "measure twice cut once" in my design with y'all. Our dear late Oma told me to measure twice for accuracy before cutting. Here's a funny y'all...we used scissors when I first started cutting fabric. Amazing how her squares always lined up! As always, I thank y'all for following and remember to save those Christmas scraps. I have a "sweet design" coming soon! Sew grab your kit/supplies and whatever wording you choose we'll start the New Year with inspiration 2gether. Tomorrow starts Phase 1 for sewing machine cover but catch up when you can...Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you need...

* Measure once pattern/kit & supplies stated on their directions if following their design. Or do both...they have the pattern letters printed for you for easy tracing :-)

Following me for "Sewing Machine cover"...

* Measure once pattern/kit

* 3 or 4 Fat quarters in light fabric (shows off those super cute letters better)

* One charm pack in vibrant colors or use scraps (directions in Phase 2 for advanced step) 

* Lightweight batting

* Coordinating thread for "raw edge applique."

Note: Items that I've found very useful, and most can be purchased at MSQC as well.

 * Applique pressing sheet ( I use the T-shirt pressing cloth by June Taylor from MSQC)

* Gingher applique scissors (helps snip letters off easily) 

* Erasable pen or pencil for tracing on fabric (advanced step is a pre-quilted grid & I use a heat erasable pen) some peeps don't like to use them because they will appear again when it's super cold. I for one don't ever plan on being in a super cold situation so it's perfect for me...but you test...play and find a erasable marker your comfortable using :-)

* Wool pressing mat (love how letters and seams have a crisp finish.

* Oliso Iron...love mine...was a gift from my late mom-in-law 10 yrs. ago & still going strong!

* Omnigrid 8" Spinning mat (love mine from MSQC)

* Olfa ergonomic rotary cutter (another love from MSQC)

* Sulky Tear-easy lightweight stabilizer (perfect for raw-edge applique....MSQC love!

* Lighted seam ripper (for those just in case moments.... another love from MSQC)

* Coordinating thread from Aurifil & Missouri Star Quilt Company (I use 50#)

* Quilters are Piecemakers mug by MSQC ( ya got to drink coffee or tea when quilting...right?)  

* Most important item or person...Chuck from Missouri Star Quilt Co. He keeps me in line! :-)

I'm sure there might be some items that I'll mention along the way, but these will definitely help w/ less-stress-quilting when "scrapin' a-long" w/me. 

Thanks for following & check back soon for Phase 1.

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment