Wednesday, September 6, 2023

"Party-Point Celebration Runner" Phase 1

 Hey quilter's...hope you're having a great week. Mine will be tests on back again....listening to the news with another possible Hurrican & trying to keep "Chuck" calm. I'm a bit slow these days, so I need him to stick around to help me :-) I think "Chuck" thought coming to Florida was always going to be a "party"...laying out by the pool....playing shuffle board....searching for alligators....hmmm....little did he know ;-) Hurrican season is a bit different in Florida. I've learned to take it one day at a time. Maybe we'll take advantage of these calm days but in the meantime, we're going to share this "fun-ctional" table runner using Quilt Town 10 x 10 " squares. This pack has so many fabric design to choose from that made this runner super fun to design. I did use Quilt Town coordinating fabric in orange & white and Missouri Star Quilt Company coordinating "Home Town" thread collection. I pieced & quilted on my Baby Lock Jazz II. I'm still "quilting" the runner because I sit in moderation due to back but wanted to start y'all on this project. I always say...don't give up on what you love...just do it in moderation...work around your health needs. I totally believe in "thread and fabric therapy" & my projects are a bit smaller now but that's o.k. too. Most of my designs can be easily enlarged & will have advanced techniques along the way. I love this runner design. You can change the fabric if desired for any season. Each block is the same, but you'll have those "unique party-points" within the blocks. You know me I love "prairie points" so of course I had to change it up a bit :-) If you have ordered your Quilt Town fabric already you can save 15% off with my link below for the month of September. You'll need the 10x10 pack and at least a 1/2 yard each of the coordinating fabric in orange & white. You'll have some left-over fabrics, but we'll be using them later :-) Or enjoy looking at all their fabrics they have to offer & make yours as desired. So many possibilities with this design..."1 design...sew many ways!" Well let's get this party started celebrating Missouri Star Quilt Companys 15th year Birthday Celebration! 

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

To save 15% off ( 1 x use) until September 30th...click on Link at upper right of blog (MSQC) 

Paid partnership w/ MSQC


Runner is 10 x 29 & as you can see using all those fun Quilt Town fabrics gives the design a unique look! Get creative but most of all have fun!

See how fun those "Party Points" are....no hard piecing at all to achieve that design! You know me...
Fun-ctional decor :-)


Here's all you need...

* Quilt Town 10" c 10" squares

* !/2 yard of coordinating fabric in Orange & White or your desired choices.

* Coordinating Home Town threads.

* Light-weight batting

* Backing fabric....NOPE! You'll see later my clever usage of the Quilt Town Squares ;-)

Here's all you do...

(For block one)

* Using one 10 x 10" Quilt Town square ...rotary cut in half then sub cut that strip in half to make four 5" squares. Use one for center of block & reserve the other 3 for later :-)

* White fabric or use another 10 x 10" square....rotary cut 4 strips 3 x 5" 

* Rotary cut 4 corner blocks of your desired fabrics 3 x 3" square

Tip:...I gave my design a "scrappy look" so I could use a lot of those sweet fabrics :-)

* Lay out block as desired on a wool mat if possible...great for ironing and keeps blocks positioned while sewing :-)

Making "Party-Points"...

* With one 10 x 10" square...rotary cut in half then sub cut strip in half to make four 5" squares.

* Using a pressing mat......Fold in half diagonally...press

Fold in half again....point to point. Press

* Fold in half again to achieve the "Party Points" ok...prairie points...but it's a celebration :-)

* Repeat same steps for all 4 "Party Points"


* Place "Party Points" within the 3 x 5" side squares...right sides 2 gether

* Top stich or baste stitch to secure.


Repeat these steps for all 3 blocks. 



* ahhhh Chuck approved this design :-)



Tip....lay your blocks out to make sure you have all your squares as desired before sewing.


Note...we'll be sewing the blocks a bit different due to the "Party points" but still easy!

* With block #1....sew your center square to top/bottom center squares w/ right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam allowance...

* Press...Party Points will lay flat...amazing :-) 

* Sew your left side of block squares 2 gether with same method.

* Sew your right side of block squares 2gether with same method.

* Now sew your left side strip to center strip with right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam allowance.

* Press

* Repeat for right strip. Press & square up if needed.
 Your block should be approximately 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 :-)

You did it! You just completed your first "Party Point block"...I had sew much fun with this technique.

* Repeat same steps with Block # 2 & 3...just alternate the fabric as desired.

* With right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam allowance sew Block #1 to Block #2 then Block #2 to Block #3....Press.

Well, you just completed Phase 1...I hope you enjoyed this technique as much as I did. I love making something easy but unique at the same time. Plus, the 1/4" quilting foot on my Baby Lock Jazz II make the piecing a breeze :-)

Check back soon for Phase 2!

Talk soon,
Cat








No comments:

Post a Comment