Sunday, June 25, 2023

Cats Tip of the Day!..."Re-purpose Patio Cushions"

 Hey quilter's...hope you're having a great weekend. Well Summer is officially here, and boy is it hot. I've been cleanings, freshening up my patio furniture and have to say in Florida it's a all-year chore. The humidity here is horrible and if you have a "Florida room" your furniture takes a beating. In Texas we called them "Sunrooms" :-) Anyway you call them cleaning outdoor cushions is a chore. My cushions we're getting a bit faded but still in great shape. I've recently priced new cushions to update my furniture but I was shocked with the prices. So I thought well I recently did a design using beach towels for pool and lake and thought why not do the same. Although my O.C.D. kicked in and had to run to 2 stores to get all the towels I needed but I'm happy with the results. Now when needed I just take off...wash & put back on. I saved money and have a "great look" & it actually cheers me up with the colorful design on beach towel. You can view my previous post on June 3-4th for the instructions. You will be doing the same technique but on the bottom of seat cushion as well. I did lay the towel on my cushions and marked where I would be "tucking" in the center to secure. I used Aurifil 50 weight thread for durability. I'm sure they will get a lot of washings here in Florida! There are all sizes of beach towels so measure your cushions before you go shopping to purchase the correct towel. Pop on over to Aurifil thread or Missouri Quilt Co. if you need sewing supplies. Link in upper right side of blog.  I hope you give this time-saving tip a try!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & Instagram

also....www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment