Friday, June 23, 2023

Teach the kiddos 2 Sew/Quilt this Summer..."Fun Wall Art" Phase 2 & Finishing Tip"

 Hey quilter's...hope all is well & your Friday is off to a great start. We've had crazy weather here in Florida, but I guess it's the "season." I for one do not sew/quilt during a storm. Yes, I have surge protectors, but it freaks me out! ;-) My cat "Lottie" will hide under my bed during lightening and trust me if I could fit I probably would too! Anyway....I hope y'all are having fun creating your quilting design and you may have already completed it but here's a tip if your not at the finishing stage yet. I could not "staple" my towel to the back of the canvas due to my staples. I need to get "stronger staples" probably industrial strength to go through the canvas. Well that was a bit frustrating for me cause I don't exactly live close to a hardware store. So this is why my finished design has not been posted. :-( Coming soon though! I also wanted to share that I previously stated to start at top and work your way down in sections when quilting. My pics below show why I shared that tip. Yes. it's a bit daunting changing your top threads to coordinate as you go but it does enhance the design. I suppose you could always quilt with a neutral thread to avoid this and depending on your design you might have been fine. I usually don't share the back of a design but had to show how fun thread accents your design. I really found this project to be very therapeutic. :-) Well needed now that hurricane season started! Also recently seen some stunning fabrics that would be so much fun with this technique. They would make great accent pillows for your kiddos room or your home decor. I always preach "less-stress-quilting" but tweak any of my tips & techniques to your skill level. I'll be sharing more projects soon & if you click on the "follow" button at top of blog you'll get notified right away. I thank y'all for following and allowing me to share my tips and designs with you. Enjoy your summer sewing!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & Instagram

also: www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com

Here's all you do...

* Trim away any extra batting & stabilizer

* Start at top and secure your design to the back of the canvas. You may need "10" more fingers to help secure as you go so don't hesitate to ask for help :-)

* Then secure at bottom...smooth design as you go...then sides.

* Carefully trim away any extra fabric if needed to avoid bulk if hanging on wall. :-)




I hope you enjoyed this project & check back soon for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment