Sunday, July 2, 2023

Christmas in July throwback..."Christmas T-shirt 2 Pillow!"

Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great Sunday & the weather is being kind. I can't believe we are half-way through the year. I know it's time to celebrate 4th of July but I couldn't help myself of doing a little "Christmas in July" throwback. My grandson Davin will soon be 13...seems so crazy to even say it. Time does really fly and I love reminiscing of those special times especially when he always asked me to make & quilt things for him. When I visited my daughter, he always had a stack of items for me to repair on the guest bed or a t-shirt he wanted me to incorporate into his next quilt. One memory that I will never forget was a "monster truck" toy on the bed with a wheel off to the side. I thought this was a bit different. He was about 5 at the time to give you an idea of how sweet this was....he popped in the room while I was unpacking and said "Gege can you sew my wheel back on to my monster truck?" Oh my gosh...I have tears just sharing this with y'all. Well, it took the whole 2 weeks that I was visiting to convince him at that age that I can't sew it on & Gege is not the miracle woman that he thought. Oh my gosh...he said that I can do anything. Ugh....no pressure. Needless to say we eventually went shopping for a new "monster truck." Well the pick below is one special item that he still takes out at Christmastime. He asked me to make his favorite Christmas T-shirt into a pillow so he could have forever and ever. Oh my gosh y'all...he was only 7 yrs. old. He knew exactly how to words things to steal my heart. I get so excited to this day seeing the pillow on their sofa. Even though I got a little bit crazy appliqueing all those tiny circles you can tweak the directions to your t-shirt design. The original post is "Oct. 3, 2018. Definitely a "throwback." :-) The steps are pretty simple and I used scraps from Moda....Hoffman & Quilting Treasures to compliment his t-shirt. I appliqued and pieced all with Aurifil 50 weight thread. If you need supplies you can click on the upper right side of blog and Aurifil threads site is available plus Missouri Star Quilt Co for your sewing & quilting supplies. Well thanks for letting me share this sweet story & I hope you make a memorable t-shirt as well. Thank y'all for following and please check back soon for more fun & easy 'scrap-a-longs1" If you click on the "Follow" button you'll get notified with posts. Have a safe & happy weekend!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours.

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

also.... www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment